||Subject area||Aviation Safety
|Name||Crew Resource Management (CRM)|
Resource Management (CRM) is now accepted in the aviation industry as a critical component of the safety equation and an essential part of airline operations. This uniquely structured course, designed to be conducted as a joint interactive workshop including flight deck crew, flight attendants, engineers and flight operations personnel, will develop and enhance their CRM skills, with specific emphasis on cross-cultural issues. It also provides the necessary guidelines for the participants to conduct a basic CRM program.
Who shoud attend
- Ab initio pilots, line pilots, training pilots & management pilots.
- Flight attendants and flight attendant trainers.
- Mechanics, flight and ground engineers & management engineers.
- Flight dispatchers and flight operations personnel.
- Human performance and limitations - concepts and practical examples
- Culture - theory and translation to practical issues; understanding cross-cultural issues
- Communication - process, barriers and development of skills
- Motivation and behavioral analysis - factors, motivational models, behavior classification and application of methodology
- Stress and conflict management -symptoms, effects and resolution techniques
- Teaching CRM - the pre-requisites, environment and development of skills
This course is not planned, Request