||Subject area||Air Navigation Services
|Name||ATC Team Resource Management (TRM) And Safety |
This course will provide ATC supervisors and ANS managers with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes that will permit them to develop positive attitudes and behaviors towards teamwork skills and human performance in an ATC environment in order to minimize the impact of teamwork related errors within the ATM system as well as develop and implement or improve a safety policy which will describe the organization fundamental safety approach for managing safety and the basic principles of the organization safety management program in accordance with Barbados local regulations and recommended international standards and best practices.
Who shoud attend
- Primary - Unit Chiefs of Air Traffic Services, Air Traffic Control Supervisors and Senior Air Traffic Control Officers who may be ask to perform the task of Shift Supervisor and Aeronautical Informational Service Staff.
- Secondary - ANS Management and Quality Officers.
Upon successful completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Implement Team Building strategies within an ATC environment.
- Develop strategies for managing functional teams within an ATC environment and guidelines for conducting team work activities.
- Evaluate the impact of effective and efficient leadershipon team work.
- Develop stress management coping skills in an ATC team working environment.
- Develop a safety culture in the ANS,
- Apply accountabilities and responsibilities for the development and delivery of aviation safety strategy and performance;
- Develop strategies aim at minimizing the risk associated with aircraft operations as low as reasonably,practicable/achievable,
- Evaluate the appropriateness of safety standards for externally implemented systems and services ,
- Establish a program to ensure the implementation of safety strategy and policy measuring the safety performance against realistic objectives and/or targets.
This course is not planned, Request