||Subject area||Airport Planning, Operations and Management
|Name||Runway Rubber Removalÿ|
To provide participants with Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes to enable them effectively and efficiently monitor rubber deposits on runways and apply appropriate removal methodology to obtain requisite friction level.
Who shoud attend
Primary Target Population:
- Airside Maintenance Engineers
- Secondary Target Population:
- Airside Operations Managers
- CAA Aerodrome Inspectors / Auditors.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Initiate suitable NOTAM action to measure friction value of runway surface / for runway rubber removal
- Identify causes of reduction in friction value of runway surface and its effect on aircraft movement on active runway
- Appreciate importance of maintaining requisite friction value on runways
- Measure runway friction value with the help of friction tester
- Measure runway friction value when no friction tester is available.
- Identify the low-friction areas
- Apply appropriate rubber deposit removal method considering the runway surface material and extent of deposits
This course is not planned, Request