||Subject area||Airport Planning, Operations and Management
|Name||Aerodrome Safety Management Incorporating PANS-Aerodromes|
This course will provide SMS Safety Managers with necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to implement and maintain an effective Safety Management System at an aerodrome, in accordance with ICAO Doc. 9981 PANS Aerodromes as stipulated in ICAO Annex 14, Volume 1 and in Annex 19.
Who shoud attend
- Safety Managers and SMS practitioners from Airport Operators,
- Ground Handling Organizations,
- Aircraft Operators and Air Traffic Services.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the structure and processes of an aerodrome SMS based on an understanding of safety management concepts;
- Develop a safety policy, objectives and procedures for the establishment of an effective SMS, including safety reporting and emergency response planning;
- Analyze aerodrome operational hazards and safety risks;
- Conduct aerodrome operational safety assessments, as per PANS-Aerodromes, for safety risk management, aeronautical and compatibility studies;
- Conduct safety assurance activities for the monitoring and measurement of safety risk management and safety performance at an aerodrome.
This course is not planned, Request